The URC can trace its origins back to mid 17th century when Stephen Scandarett preached in Haverhill. Scandarett lead a clandestine congregation in the period from 1662 to 1672 when he became licensed officially as a presbyterian preacher.
This group represents the origins of the Old Independent Congregational Church, but the existing church of that name was not built until 1884, by Charles Bell of London.
The present church has seating for 650 people.
Haverhill OIC organ – www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/oic